I have always loved the scholars and initiatives that exhibit the soft and real image of Islam. I feel that we really need programs that help us detach words like extremism, harshness & fundamentalists from the face of Islam.
And today I am super happy to tell you about a great find like “Afterglow – Light the Soul”- an Annual Spiritual Retreat. This retreat is trying to bring people one step closer to Islam in a fun and non-judgmental environment. They want to replace all the negative connotations with ones where Islam is referred as simple, fun and a way of life.
I haven’t written anything here on my blog since a long time and today, I thought there couldn’t be anything better than introducing this amazing Retreat where a bunch of positive people has gathered to build a positive God-fearing and God-loving Community.
Afterglow – Light The Soul is a simple, two day retreat that aims to invite women from all over Pakistan to come together and be introduced to a healthy, discussion based Islamic learning platform. The initiative will attempt to help participants listen to spiritual talks focused on Islam, refresh their Imaan, renew their souls via introspection, share reflections with fellow Muslims, engage in intellectually stimulating discussions about Islam and go back to their everyday lives with a stronger relationship with God – and truly LIVE Islam.
It has Three Key Themes in its Retreat:
- A Way of Life – this theme focuses on how our religion wants us to take both, Deen and Dunya together and not totally avoiding this world or being scarred of this beautiful religion.
- Simple Religion- this theme tells us on how Islam is an easy and peaceful religion.
- Community Culture- And this one’s all about creating a community and getting inspiration from each other. Just like this Retreat caters around 30 people together and builds a bond of inspiration and learning within them.
Where is it happening?
They had their very first Afterglow – Light the Soul Retreat last year in 2018 from June 8-10 in Karachi.
And now the upcoming Retreat is on May 10-12, 2019 in Islamabad! The retreat is scheduled for the first weekend of Ramadan and timings are as follows:
- Friday, May 10 (9 am – Iftar)
- Saturday, May 11 (9 am – Iftar)
- Sunday, May 12 (9 am – 4 pm)
Venue to be shared soon!
The registration fee is as follows:
- For Islamabad residents – PKR 6500 – this would be PKR 5000 if you register before February 28, 2019. This will not entail any hotel stay 2.
- For attendees flying from outside Islamabad – PKR 11,500 – this would be PKR 10,000 if you register before February 28, 2019 and will be inclusive of a hotel stay.
- For repeat attendees i.e. people who attended the retreat in 2018 and want to attend again – PKR 6500. Airfare and stay would need to be managed by themselves.
How can YOU contribute?
You can be involved in three different ways:
- Registering for the Retreat 2019
For more details, you can visit: https://afterglowglobal.org/light-the-soul/
P.s. I am super happy to be a part of this amazing Retreat this time. And you guys are most welcome to send in your queries to me 🙂